Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing # 22

The Nings are so interesting. I have never subscribed to a social network and spend plenty of time chasing kids off of them when we do use computers in class. I really have no use for an unlimited number of "friends". These are different. The ning could be used to use technology in a constructive way. I can see using it for my Child Care class. We spend part of the week acting as classroom assistants at a preschool. Students could post entries about experiences at the preschool. They could answer a specific question or just do some journaling. This might encourage participation and lead to discussions that would enrich the experience for the entire class.

I visited the three nings. I was amazed at the numbers of participants on each one. I liked teacherlibrarian the best. It had the most interesting layout. I could have sat in front of that map all day. So many people have so much to share and I hope I will take advantage of this resource.

No comments: