Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing # 19

This one is amazing. There are so many categories represented. This tool allows users to spend less time looking for the best sites. I went straight to food. My two favorites were imcooked and urbanspoon. I'mcooked is loaded with things I can use for my classes. There are hundreds of videos on technique. Most aren't professional chefs but there is a very good and short one on knife skills. Several I watched were funny and useful for pointing out mistakes or health violations. There is also a search engine to help me find exactly what I'm wanting to demonstrate. I'm going to show these using my projector. This is really fun. I love to read about restaurants and urbanspoon is all about Houston. Restaurants are grouped by price, location and type of food. This is a real find. Naturally I tagged them both!

No comments: