Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing # 15

I just returned from the Educator's Conference at the Texas Culinary Academy. There were some great websites that were suggested. I came home ad tagged the one fron the Beef Council. I'm using these tricks!
Now about thing 15. The teacher tube video was powerful. I have wondered about how relevant it is to expect classes to continue to learn using the model from the past. Interactive learning seems so much more interesting. In my small area, we are trying to get five more computers operational so that we can pursue more interactive projects. (Right now we have 10 student computers). Library 2.0 reinforces the idea that we have no choice but to respond to the challenges of how retrieving information is being revolutionized. If everybody is invited to the table, than as a teacher I had better set it! Librarians have the added responsibility of catalouging search engines and tools that make these advances possible and to attempt to make them available to students and educators who need them.

No comments: