Monday, June 9, 2008

Thing 6

I've spent some time looking at the applications on thing six. Again, I was lucky enough to get some exposure to some of these at the class I took last week. I actually attempted to make a trading card. I really liked this particular application because it is quick and easy to use. We have 10 computers in our department so I could use this at the beginning of the year. I'd like to have students in each class make a card of themselves and display them as a way to get acquainted with each other. It could be done within the context of the subject the student is taking. It might be really useful for the ninth graders. They are less willing to share verbally when they are new to the school and are in class with so many new faces. I'm always amazed at how original and how fast they are. This could be fun!

No comments: