Monday, June 9, 2008

Thing #2

Life long learning is a concept that is unavoidable. Everyone learns throughout life whether it is intentional or not. I think true life long learners are the ones that eagerly seek new experiences and knowledge. As a teacher it is impossible not to be a learner. Material gets stale and students get restless. In my subject area I have so many opportunities to grow and improve. I am lucky to teach three subjects. That is the beauty of electives. This summerI am going to two culinary conferences and will have the opportunities to learn from the chefs at Art Institute here and Cordon Bleu in Austin. It is so exciting to see and practice new techniques and to taste the end products. It is also a little like Halloween since we are required to dress as chefs.... pants, jackets and hats. My new adventures with food start next week. I can't wait.

No comments: